Company Builds on Its AI Platform and Expands Its Partner and Developer Ecosystem to Bring the Power of Workday AI to More Businesses Around the World
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Workday, Inc. (NASDAQ: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced at Workday Rising, the company's annual customer conference, a series of new AI and ML capabilities and partner ecosystem updates to help businesses drive productivity, streamline business processes, empower their people, and make better decisions.
"More than 10,000 organizations around the world rely on Workday to manage their most valuable assets – their people and their money," said Carl Eschenbach, co-CEO, Workday. "They trust Workday to provide powerful, responsible, transparent solutions that will propel their businesses forward. Today, we're reinforcing that trust by sharing cutting-edge solutions that will completely transform the way our customers do business. With the power of AI and ML and an ecosystem of industry-leading partners, we are writing the playbook for the way the future works."
Workday AI Capabilities to Drive Efficiency and Enhance Employee Experiences
Workday's leadership in AI is set apart by the company's platform strategy, unrivaled dataset, and commitment to delivering responsible and trustworthy solutions. AI is embedded in the core of the Workday platform, enabling the company to rapidly deliver cutting-edge solutions to customers across all applications. Workday AI models are fueled by more than 625 billion transactions processed by the system every year – resulting in the world's largest, cleanest set of financial and HR data. Workday's unrivaled dataset, together with the company's responsible AI safeguards, allow for consistently accurate, meaningful, trustworthy results. Leveraging the speed and reach of its platform approach, the company unveiled multiple new AI solutions, including:
- Generative AI capabilities to address common business challenges such as generating job descriptions, knowledge base articles, employee growth plans, and statements of work, and contract analysis and corrections.
- The Workday AI Marketplace to help customers easily find and deploy proven, trustworthy, and responsible AI and ML apps within the Workday ecosystem.
- Workday AI Gateway within Workday Extend to enable developers to build intelligent and responsible apps using Workday AI.
"Workday is the technical backbone that brings our finance, HR, and operational data together in one place to help us manage our people and effectively run our business," said Art Kilmer, chief operating officer, P.F. Chang's China Bistro. "The AI embedded into the Workday platform helps augment our people so we can move faster, make more strategic decisions, and deliver operational efficiencies across our entire business, ultimately enabling us to better serve our customers."
New Tools to Help Businesses Better Manage Their Most Valuable Assets: Their People and Money
Finance and HR professionals need real-time access to data and information to make faster decisions and better manage their people and money. To help them deliver on these needs, Workday is unveiling new capabilities, including:
- Generative AI capabilities in Workday Adaptive Planning for a streamlined user experience, and new features to help drive collaboration across finance and HR, streamline headcount planning, reconcile and report faster, and deliver increased transparency to business stakeholders.
- Manager Insights Hub, a new solution within Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) that delivers a simplified and elevated manager experience powered by AI.
- A new User Success Platform, which includes new tools that give employees real-time, contextual guidance on how to complete complex tasks right within their workflow.
For More Information
- Read the blog, "How Workday Is Leading the Enterprise Generative AI Revolution," by Jim Stratton, CTO, Workday.
- Read the blog, "Responsible AI Governance at Workday," by Rich Sauer, chief legal officer and head of corporate affairs, Workday.
- Register and attend Workday Rising sessions in the digital program:
- Workday Experience: Strategy and Vision [PSV2211], Sept. 27 at 12:30pm PDT.
- Workday AI and Machine Learning: Strategy and Vision [PSV2227], Sept. 27 at 1:45pm PDT.
- Changemaker Keynote: Leadership Insights From Our Workday Community [KEY03], Sept. 28 at 9:00am PDT.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, helping customers adapt and thrive in a changing world. Workday applications for financial management, human resources, planning, spend management, and analytics are built with artificial intelligence and machine learning at the core to help organizations around the world embrace the future of work. Workday is used by more than 10,000 organizations around the world and across industries – from medium-sized businesses to more than 50% of the Fortune 500. For more information about Workday, visit workday.com.
© 2023 Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding Workday's plans, beliefs, and expectations. These forward-looking statements are based only on currently available information and our current beliefs, expectations, and assumptions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, they are subject to inherent risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict and many of which are outside of our control. If the risks materialize, assumptions prove incorrect, or we experience unexpected changes in circumstances, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements, and therefore you should not rely on any forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including our Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2023, and other reports that we have and will file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website, or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features, and functions that are currently available.
SOURCE Workday Inc.